So New Years resolutions you can make this year to ensure your pet has as long, happy, healthy and safe life as possible.
1) Make sure your pet has the proper ID on ALWAYS. Many options out there but consider a lovely ID collar from our friends at Wagz Wear with your pet’s name and your cell phone number. Consider adding some reflective tape so it is easily seen in the dark as well.
As a back up also make sure your pet is microchip and MOST importantly make sure that the information on the microchip is up to date.
2) Ensure a safe backyard for your pets to play in. During the windy, winter months objects can fly into your backyard and be dangerous to your pet, items outside can blow over and break making a safe backyard very unsafe.
3) Have your pet seen by a vet once a year for an annual physical. I know it can be expensive and a pain to go, but preventive medicine will help your pet live a longer and happier life. Like people if something can be picked up and treated early there is a better chance of survival. If you have a pet that hates going to the vet, have a mobile vet come in and visit your pet in its on secure environment.
4) Ensure your pet has the best food possible. Don’t just follow blindly what you are told by your vet, neighbours, or the friend at work. Research yourself, read labels, understand what you are putting in your pets body.
5) Avoid obesity in your pet. Like people and overweight pet is an unhealthy pet and your are not only reducing their quality of life but also their lifespan. For your pet to lose weight you don’t have to put them on a strict diet, you just have to make sure the food is good, the right amount, healthy treats and more exercise.
Part 2 of New Years Resolutions for your pet tomorrow 🙂
Wishing everyone a very safe and Happy New Years Eve – see you in 2015 🙂